||February 13, 2017
Vernon E. Faulconer Inc., a growing Independent Texas Oil & Gas company with over 40 years in the business, has an opportunity for an experienced, detail-oriented Lease Operator located in Freer/Alice, Texas area. Position performs a key role in the daily inspection, operational monitoring, and reporting on assigned wells and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily inspections of assigned oil and gas leases.
- Gauges and reports daily production of oil and water in storage tanks.
- Reads gas meters, calculates, and reports daily produced gas volumes.
- Monitors and records daily plunger runs on all non-automated wells.
- Inspects plungers, sample catchers, and perform gauge ring tests on a monthly basis on all plunger lift wells.
- Reads, records, and reports tubing and casing pressures on assigned wells.
- Inspects pipelines, valves, and flanges to detect malfunctions.
- Operates intermitter controllers, pumping units, natural gas compressors, refrigeration plants, JT plants, dehydrators, generators, two-way radios, and computers.
- Performs daily readings and reporting on assigned compressors.
- Proficient in trouble shooting mechanical problems on equipment and insure that the problem is solved.
- Will act as the initial point of contact for other lease operators on mechanical troubleshooting.
- Will serve as on-site resource to supervisor for coordination of work with external contractor companies.
- Makes minor repairs to control valves and pilots.
- Reports lease deficiencies and other problems to the supervisor.
- Oversees the operation of artificial lift equipment, such as downhole pumps, plunger-lift, and pumping units.
- Inspects each location visited and repairs or makes recommendations to management for the repair.
- Makes and manages project lists for each lease as needed.
- Proficient in the start-up and operation of each lease and its associated surface equipment.
- Reports to respective Production Foreman.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with good working knowledge of all oil and gas surface production equipment and well automation.
- 4+ years of Lease Operator experience desired but not required.
- Knowledge and skills to operate artificial lift equipment, such as downhole pumps, programmable controllers, and pumping units.
- Strong background with compressor operations.
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with members of small and large teams.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to climb vessel ladders and work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to use the Internet/E-mail.
- To be considered for this position, you must be a US Citizen or already have the right to work in the United States of America for any employer without sponsorship.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates.
For consideration please fax or email resume to: Attn: Human Resources (903) 581-2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE