||Executive Legal Assistant
||February 24, 2017
Vernon E. Faulconer Inc., a growing Independent East Texas Oil & Gas Company with over 40 years in the business, has an opportunity for an experienced Executive Legal Assistant in our Land Department. The Executive Legal Assistant provides support to the Vice President and the Land Department with all administrative and legal functions of the Department, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Vice President of Land and Administration with all administrative responsibilities to include drafting correspondence, proofing, preparing documents and reports, scheduling meetings, copying, maintaining files and current projects, and assisting with special projects
- Assist with the maintenance and organization of corporate records and partnership files
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of land and legal files. Assist with interrogatories, discovery documents, and title research, as needed
- Assist with organizing and maintaining farmout files to include gathering title data, preparation of flow sheets, maintaining drilling obligation schedule and preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Assist in the research for information pertaining to title, miscellaneous agreements, well data, right-of-way agreements, and other information
- Assist with all special projects for the Land Department, as needed
5+ years experience with advanced administrative assignments for senior management preferably in O&G industry and/or legal profession
Must have experience in drafting and/or preparing land documents and/or experience in the legal field.
- Excellent typing and proofing skills required, together with a high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and ability to work with senior management.
- Ability to analyze, organize, multi-task in fast-paced work environment, and compile data according to established departmental procedures, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate sound judgment in performance of job responsibilities.
- Experience with Secretary of State records, county and state websites preferred, but not required.
- Experience with managing and maintaining multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate professionalism with ability to work with limited supervision.
- Experience with AS400 System is desirable, but not required.
- Associates degree or higher in relevant field is required.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates. For consideration, please fax or email resume to Attn: Human Resources, (903) 581-2111, or firstname.lastname@example.org EOE