||Administrative Land Assistant
||May 05, 2017
Vernon E. Faulconer Inc., a growing Independent East Texas Oil & Gas Company with over 40 years in the business, has an opportunity for an experienced Administrative Land Assistant in our Land Department. The Administrative Land Assistant provides support with administrative functions for the Land Department, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of land and legal files.
- Assist with special projects for the Land Department, including proofing and typing documents, drafting letters, research projects, mapping projects, and all other administrative functions for the Land Department.
- Assist with the preparation and organization of Acquisition, Divestment, Auction, and Farmout files.
- Prepares and maintains Land Temporary Files to include all file logs, and gathering of related information to include title information, plats, etc. for temporary files.
- Assist with the AFE process for all operated properties, including routing, tracking, preparing letters, and distributing reports.
- Prepares recording document check requests and correspondence to county clerks, while maintaining related recording log and database.
- Provides back-up assistance to the Front Desk, the Executive Administrative/Legal Assistant, and to the Lease Analysts.
- Assist with interrogatories, discovery documents, and title research, as needed.
- Provides assistance with general administrative support including filing, scanning, copying, and answering phone calls.
- Position works closely with other Land Department personnel to support departmental needs while reporting directly to the Land Administration/Legal Manager.
- 3-5 years’ experience with advanced administrative experience preferably with experience in the oil and gas industry. Previous experience in the Land department is desired but not required.
- Excellent typing and proofing skills required, together with a high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and ability to work with senior management.
- Ability to analyze, organize, multi-task, and compile data according to established departmental procedures, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate sound judgment in performance of job responsibilities.
- Experience with managing and maintaining multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate professionalism with ability to work with limited supervision.
- Experience with AS400 System is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Secretary of State records and county and state websites is desired.
- Associates degree or higher in relevant field is preferred.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates. For consideration, please fax or email resume to Attn: Human Resources, (903) 581-2111, or firstname.lastname@example.org EOE