||Oklahoma City, OK
||June 01, 2018
SCADA Specialist – Oil & Gas
Vernon E. Faulconer Inc., a growing Independent Oil & Gas Company with over 40 years in the business, has a potential opportunity for a SCADA Specialistin our Oklahoma City office, as a result of upcoming growth prospects. The SCADA Specialist coordinates SCADA and automation activities across various VEFI oil and gas field operations. As a SCADA Specialist you will also have a firm understanding of Artificial Lift operations and have the ability to perform and teach these processes to field personnel thru the SCADA system. Further, core responsibilities include implementing the overall SCADA strategy for each operating area, managing oil and gas production related automation projects, implementing standards for SCADA usage, training field technicians and empowering operators to utilize SCADA technology to improve operational performance. Additional responsibilities include incorporating the installation of new devices into the SCADA system, consistently seeking opportunities to optimize production/respond to optimization requests, and analyzing/maintaining both the current and historical system functionality that would include system integration, programming, and support. Particular emphasis is placed on managing the overall process of helping operators produce wells / facilities using SCADA and in helping field operations staff maintain automation equipment in each location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Education, Guidance & Support throughout VEFI to enhance production and utilization of economic SCADA applications to attain efficient, low-cost operations.
- Provide daily surveillance and optimization of VEFI wells.
- Perform trend analysis of incoming data patterns from various field devices on a regular basis for possible anomalies and work with support team to determine the best course of action for problem resolution.
- Maintain and/or enhance complex automation system platforms by providing support for the system software specific to oil and gas production related data collection, alarming, and data presentation.
- Provide technical assistance for the design, selection, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all elements of the Company’s SCADA and communications systems by directing, coordinating, evaluating, and supervising the work of employees in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and construction activities.
- Work with company and contract personnel to plan, design, install, configure, program, maintain, and modify automation equipment installations.
- Work with external alarming and reporting packages.
- Assist with training of field personnel on the operation of the automation systems.
- 3-5 years of specific oil and gas production operationsor related industry experience required.
- Elevated working knowledge and skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems and system documentation.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and make critical decisions under time constraints; prepare and maintain records and reports; utilize computer and related software tools for written communications, data analysis, and presentations.
- Ability to learn new systems, techniques and processes.
- Ability to support quality improvement initiatives while continuing to build personal technical and leadership skills.
- Ideal Candidates will have experience both operating and installing the FB107.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Experience with plunger lift optimization preferred.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates. For consideration, please fax or email resume to Attn: Human Resources, (903) 581-2111, or email@example.com EOE